Part Time Web Admin Manager Role Description for Run Ultra
Posted: June 21, 2014
Run Ultra is an exciting new site (www.runultra.co.uk) built to support the global ultra running community and we're now looking for a Part Time Web Admin Manager to support and grow our runner community and race listings.
Run Ultra offers the ultra runner over 1,000 ultra running events around the world, runner reviews and articles, forums and a place to network with other ultra runners. We already have thousands of runners registered on the site.
The Web Admin Manager is an important role and you will be the engine of Run Ultra and the chief listener to runners and event organisers. Training on the content management system will be provided for this role.
This role involves working with our key distribution partners to help drive traffic to our websites and improving conversion and average transaction values. The Web Admin Manager will work closely with the management team, to ensure effective planning, coordination and sharing of insights from runner and event organiser conversations.
The Web Admin Manager will be responsible for supporting the 5-8% of active community members who will help to respond to other runner queries raised on the forums and supporting the social media channel manager to respond to runner queries.
The Web Admin Manager will wear many hats in the early days as the community grows e.g. Operations and Customer Services, to ensure that runner queries are answered as speedily as possible.
The Web Admin Manager will be responsible for the following:
- responding to race organiser enquiries
- approval of content awaiting publication on the website such as event listings and other articles.
- work closely with those who have committed to share their runner stories on a monthly basis
- handling enquiries that come into the business from the contact us page in a timely manner
- setting up and scheduling regular email communications to runners and organisers.
There will be a performance related bonus payable on meeting KPIs regarding customer service and growth of the active runner communities and up to date event listings.
The role will be for 16 hours a week on a freelance basis and will require daily checking of the online channels from Mon to Friday. The team works virtually so the person in this role would work from home with regular team sessions and the role requires fast broadband and Skype access and use of their own equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of degree level education
• Excellent written English
• Computer literate
• 2-3 years customer service, website management or account management experience
• Demonstration in previous roles of building successful rapport with customers and conversion of enquiries into bookings or sales
• Preferably someone with a passion for running
• Ideally someone who has worked on a web content management system in the past
• Strong team player
• Self-motivated, self-starter, able to work on one’s own initiative but also play a valuable team role.
• A networker with strong collaboration and communication skills
• Passionate about online/digital
• Strong attention to detail and thorough approach to problem solving for runners and event organisers
• Answer runner posts on social media channels
• Respond to enquiries from event organisers
• Create links for ensuring tracking of all traffic from social media channels to the website
• Work with the Marketing Director to generate ideas regarding content of interest to runners, fans and followers
• Follow up with runners who contribute articles on a regular basis
• Management of day to day content on the community website
• Moderation of the forums on the site led by event organisers and runners.
• Take action on lead opportunities identified in online channels
KPIs will include:
i) % of active fans, followers and runners on the online channels
ii) % fan engagement level with posts and runner forums
iii) upstream clickthroughs to the website from social media channels
iv) revenues arising from clicks on booking engine (future)
v) improvements in customer advocacy
(e.g. retweets, number of positive customer posts, likes and shares)
vi) % of customers who hear about Run Ultra via social media channels.
vii) revenues from the conversion of leads generated via social media channels
viii) no of runner reviews on the website
ix) no of complete and updated event listings on the website.
• Work with the Marketing Director to ensure the runner issues, opportunities and preferences are integrated into the CRM and channel development plans.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 June with your CV and why you believe you are the best person for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.